The Hong Kong-Thailand Business Council
is an independent, non-government body representing companies
of all sizes and individuals with an interest in the development
of business and commercial ties between Hong Kong and Thailand.
The Council's aims are:
- To promote the common interests of the Hong Kong and Thai
business communities in Hong Kong.
- To provide the Hong Kong and Thai business communities both
in Hong Kong and Thailand with opportunities for networking
and the development of partnerships, and a forum for exchanges
of views and the identification of new opportunities for trade
- To canvass members' views and to represent them to government
policymakers and other appropriate parties.
- To organize promotional activities and public information
programmes - such as seminars, presentations, trade missions,
and cultural and social functions - to promote awareness of
business opportunities for the private sectors of both Hong
Kong and Thailand.
- To cooperate with relevant government bodies, chambers of
commerce and other parties, to disseminate information and pursue
other common aims.